Anti-wrinkle injections work by blocking nerve pulses to the injected muscle and removing their ability to contract. This results in relaxing both the muscle and the surrounding skin and therefore reducing the appearance of any wrinkles or lines.
A very fine needle is used to inject a tiny amount of serum into the areas affected by lines or wrinkles. The initial effects of the injections can usually be seen within 48-72 hours, with the full effect reached at around 10-14 days. For most people, this will last for around 3-4 months before lines begin to reappear.
The most common areas treated with Anti-wrinkle injections are:
- Frown Lines – deep vertical lines between the brows, mostly caused by frowning.
- Forehead Lines – horizontal lines across your forehead.
- Crow’s Feet – clusters of tiny wrinkles and fine lines that form around the outer corners of the eyes.
- Brow Lift – to relax the muscles that pull your brow line down.
- Smokers/Upper Lip Lines – vertical lines surrounding the lips.
- Nefertiti Lift – to relax the muscles that pull the lower face downwards.
- Marionette Lines – deep wrinkles extending down from the outer corners of the mouth.
- Lip Lift – to reduce drooping at the corners of the mouth.
Dermal fillers are used in the treatment of deep lines and wrinkles to smooth out the contours of your face, or fill hollows and sunken cheeks, giving a more plump and youthful appearance. This is achieved due to the fillers replacing collagen lost from your face from skin damage or through aging.
Fillers are injected just below the surface of the skin to fill deep lines or sunken skin, or to plump up the lips or cheeks, with results lasting up to two years.